Summer Programs Registration
All participants must have a high school diploma or the equivalent, and be 18 years old or older. Knowledge of the English language is essential and is required of all students. International students not enrolled in the RISD degree program must achieve a minimum test score on an English proficiency exam (see the International Student Information page for more details).
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT INFORMATION: All Non-US Citizens + Non-US Permanent Residents Go Here first BEFORE Registering.
Looking for more info before you register? Sign up to join mailing list.
How to Register + Payment Schedule
All participants must complete and submit an online registration including a $60 non-refundable registration fee. As part of the registration, a $500 deposit (made through RISD’s Tuition Management System) is required for all summer programs students regardless of housing and dining. If you register by Friday, April 6, 2018 the $500 deposit must be received within five business days of submission in order to secure registration in the program; students will be billed for the remaining balance. Balance payment instructions will be noted on your bill and all accounts must be paid in full before a student can attend classes.
Registrations received after April 6, 2018 must include tuition and fees in full. As long as spaces are available and until classes begin, students may continue to register. Please be aware that early registration increases students’ chances of placement in the courses of their choice. Late registrations may jeopardize processing of required forms and documentation.
Confirmation of Registration
Once registered and a deposit has been paid, each student will receive a series of emails to confirm and update their registration status. The following is a list of the emails students will receive:
1. Confirmation Letter (sent to students shortly after registering and payment has been processed). This letter will confirm the course(s) in which you are enrolled and include instructions on how to access and complete required forms that must be received by RISD prior to your arrival on campus. These forms and instructions are accessible on the student registration portal and include:
- Health Services Portal (will not be available to complete until mid-April as you need to use your RISD credentials to login). However, the online form requires extensive student health information, a physician’s authorization and signature. Please review this information immediately and plan accordingly in order to complete on time.
- Health Insurance Verification
- Campus ID Card Upload
- Summer Programs Student Handbook
2. Course Schedule (sent to students approximately one week before the start of classes, provided the registration is paid in full). Copies of course schedules also may be picked up at the Check-in event or at the Continuing Education office on the first day of class.
3. Directions and Arrival Information (sent to students near the start of classes)
- Directions to Campus
- Arrival Instructions
- Campus Map
In June, you will receive an email from the Residence Life Office with your housing assignment. Please contact the Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about housing.
If the course for which you register is full or unavailable, you may add your name to a waitlist at the time of online registration and you will be contacted by email and/or phone if a space becomes available.
For More Information:
If you still have questions regarding RISD Summer Programs or the online registration process, please call 401 454-6200.